We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Trust Our Dental Specialists for Pediatric Dentistry in Warsaw
A lifetime of healthy teeth begins with great dental care during childhood. At The Dental Center of Warsaw we specialize in affordable children’s pediatric dentistry in a safe and supportive atmosphere.
What Does It Take to Specialize in Children’s Pediatric Dentistry?
Our pediatric dental specialists are dedicated to caring for children from birth through their teenage years. All of our dentists must complete two to three years of additional training after completing dental school, including training in a hospital setting. This means that our dentists are able to diagnose and treat complex dental issues requiring a pediatric oral surgeon or orthodontist. Most of our patients are referred by pediatricians or general dentists for specialized care.
Why Take My Child to a Pediatric Dentist?
Our pediatric dentists provide the routine dental care necessary for basic oral health as well as advanced care for dental issues that can affect children as their teeth and mouths are developing. Our kids’ dentists can also provide you with expert advice on caring for your child’s teeth and gums at home and coping with teething and other common dental issues.
Is My Child Too Young to See a Toddler Dentist?
If your child has teeth, they need to receive regular dental care. We urge parents to take their child for their first dental visit by the age of 1 or 2. Our children’s dentists and staff are used to working with nervous parents and children and will do everything possible to make your visit enjoyable and as stress-free as possible. Rewarding your child with a treat or fun activity afterward can help make the experience less frightening.
What Happens During a Pediatric Dental Consultation?
The following is an overview of what you can expect during a visit with one of our pediatric dental specialists:
- We will examine your child’s teeth for decay and perform a periodontal assessment to check for gum disease.
- We will take X-rays to check for hidden dental disease, decay, or abnormalities.
- We will clean your child’s teeth to remove any built-up plaque and bacteria.
- We will provide personalized treatment recommendations based on the results of the examination.
Of course, you will also have an opportunity to ask any questions that you may have about your child’s oral health and development.
Do You Accommodate Special Needs Children?
Our office and staff are equipped and trained to work with children with special needs. Before your appointment, we will work with you to create a care plan to ensure that you and your child receive the care and support that you need. This may include mild sedation, behavioral management strategies, or even treatment in a hospital setting using general anesthesia.
Are Your Services Expensive?
The cost of a pediatric dental visit can vary widely based on the severity of the dental issue and the type of treatment required. The benefits offered by your dental insurance will also impact your final cost. We will discuss cost and payment options in detail once you and your child’s dentist have decided on a treatment plan.
What Types of Pediatric Dental Services Do You Offer?
We currently offer the following types of dental services for children:
- Pediatric Dental Exams: We recommend that children have dental exams at least twice a year starting by their first birthday. This ensures that any dental issues are caught early when they can be easily treated.
- Dental Cleanings for Kids: A professional cleaning can prevent cavities and gum disease by removing the plaque and bacteria that normal brushing and flossing can miss. We will also provide you with tips for establishing an at-home oral care routine with your child.
- Pediatric Dental X-rays: We make X-rays a routine part of pediatric dental exams in order to diagnose disease or decay within the tooth or under the gums and to identify other dental abnormalities.
- Pediatric Periodontics: Many of the children that we serve show early signs of gum disease. If your child’s gums appear inflamed or bleed when brushing or flossing, our dentist can provide additional cleanings and other treatments to improve their gum health.
- Emergency Dentistry for Children: damaged teeth and sudden toothaches. Prompt treatment is the key to saving the tooth and reducing the risk that your child will require extensive dental care.
- Pediatric Dental Anesthesia: Our dentists are trained in a variety of sedation techniques ranging from laughing gas to general anesthesia administered in a hospital setting. If your child is extremely anxious or has other issues that make providing dental care more complicated, we will help you find a type of sedation that is appropriate for your child’s size, age, and needs.