COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Add Brilliance to Your Smile with Teeth Whitening in Mishawaka
A gleaming smile instantly makes you appear younger and more approachable. If your teeth are discolored or dingy, our experienced dentists can help with our affordable in-office or at-home teeth whitening systems. Call today for more information or to schedule a consultation.
What Is Professional Teeth Whitening?
Cosmetic teeth whitening, also known as power bleaching, is a painless procedure that involves using a highly concentrated bleaching gel to remove stains from the tooth enamel. Each step of the process is carefully monitored to ensure your complete satisfaction. The results are noticeable after the very first treatment and can last for years as long as you avoid smoking and foods and beverages that tend to stain the teeth.
Who Should See a Teeth Bleaching Dentist?
Our chairside teeth whitening process is suitable for many common tooth enamel stains, such as coffee, tea, and nicotine. Your dentist may recommend a different treatment if your tooth discoloration is caused by an issue where bleaching is contraindicated. For example, bleaching will not improve discoloration caused by tetracycline or problems with the basic structure of the tooth, such as decay. Also, the materials used in dental restorations do not respond to bleaching, which means that your crowns, veneers, and fillings may be noticeably darker than your natural tooth enamel. Many of our patients opt to replace their restorations so that they will match the color of their whitened teeth.
What Is the Best Way to Perform Teeth Whitening at Home?
Many of our patients want the convenience of whitening their teeth in the privacy of their home on their schedule. We are proud to offer professional-grade whitening products in our at-home teeth whitening kits. Each kit is put together by your dentist and personalized to your unique dental needs. In as little as two weeks, you can lighten your teeth up to six shades simply by wearing your whitening trays for an hour a day. Each kit comes with professional-strength whitening gel and a custom-fitted whitening tray. Call today to find out if you are a candidate for at-home dental whitening.
How Expensive Is Teeth Whitening in Mishawaka?
We believe that everyone deserves a bright, healthy smile, so we strive to keep our services as affordable as possible. We will provide you with a detailed estimate of your teeth bleaching cost once you and your dentist have decided on a treatment plan. Your final cost will be based on the type of whitening system used, the number of treatments required, and the need for follow-up treatments and procedures. Call our office to set up a consultation and we will help you find an affordable teeth whitening solution that works for your budget.
What Are the Disadvantages of Using Over-the-Counter Teeth Whitening Products?
Over-the-counter teeth whitening solutions come in a variety of forms, including gels, whitening trays, strips, rinses, and toothpastes. These options are extremely popular because they are relatively inexpensive. They do, however, have several disadvantages:
- These products are not as powerful as professional whitening gels. This means that any improvement is limited and will likely fade quickly.
- Although these products seem easy to use, they are prone to user error, which can lead to inconsistent results.
- If used incorrectly, these products can damage your tooth enamel or irritate your gums.
If you want the convenience of whitening your teeth at home, we recommend using one of our personalized at-home teeth whitening kits.
What Happens During a Typical Teeth Whitening Procedure?
Each teeth whitening system works slightly differently, but the following is an example of what you can expect:
- The process starts with a dental exam and cleaning to make sure that you have no underlying dental issues and prepare your teeth for the whitening process.
- We will take photos of your teeth to help us track the progress of your whitening.
- The dentist will insert a cheek retractor in your mouth to make it easier to access your teeth.
- We will apply a protectant to your gums to shield them from the bleaching gel.
- The dentist will apply several coats of bleaching gel to your teeth. Each coat is left on the teeth for a set time and then removed. Most patients require several coats of gel. We may also use a special light to enhance the results.
- After each coat of whitening gel, the dentist will look at your tooth color to determine if you need additional teeth whitening treatments, either in our office or at home.
How Do I Know If Dental Whitening Is Right for Me?
Our staff is ready to help you achieve the gleaming, white smile that you have always wanted. Call today for more information or to schedule a consultation with our teeth bleaching dentist.