We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Why Should I Visit a General Dentist?
Seeing a general dentist and having your teeth cleaned every six months is a good way to maintain your dental health. Your dentist can keep on top of any problems and treat them when they are small. All of our dental professionals want to avoid a situation where you need extensive procedures or replacement teeth. If you’re looking for a general dentist near me, please call our office to make an appointment. We welcome new patients to our general family dentistry practice.
Why Should I See a General Dentist?
General dentists are primary care providers capable of taking care of almost all of their patient’s dental needs. Besides providing all of their patients with preventative treatments, general dentists also perform most restorative and cosmetic dental treatments and procedures. General dentists will refer patients to a specialist if a more specialized procedure is required for full treatment.
General Dentistry Services
Please continue reading to learn more about the general dentistry services we offer at our practice. If you don’t see a service you need, call us for more information.
- Tooth Repair & Replacement – A damaged or missing tooth can ruin your smile and your confidence. At our practice, we provide tooth repair and replacement general dentistry services. Our goal is to help you achieve your tooth repair or replacement needs.
- Crowns – A crown, also known as a cap, can be used to fortify a weak tooth with a large filling or to repair a badly broken tooth. This is a type of restoration that is commonly used to correct tooth appearance as well.
- Porcelain Crowns – When patients need to use a crown for a front tooth, they often request a translucent porcelain crown as it is the most life-like crown available.
- Dental Bonding – Dental bonding can repair a smile quickly. It is an affordable way for dentists to repair teeth if you have a chipped or cracked tooth.
- Dental Bridges – Dental bridges are fixed devices. Ideally, they can replace one or more adjacent missing teeth with artificial teeth and crowns for stability.
- Fillings – When you have a cavity or extensive decay, dentists will take out the decay and use a filling material to repair function to your tooth.
- Composite Fillings – Tooth-colored composite fillings are strong. These fillings can stand up to chewing forces for many years.
- Porcelain Fillings – Porcelain fillings generally last longer than metal fillings. Additionally, they are more aesthetically pleasing.
- Laser Dentistry – We’re revolutionizing general family dentistry. We use lasers to make your experience more comfortable and speed up the healing process.
- Laughing Gas – Laughing gas is safe gas that is used to reduce anxiety during dental procedures.
- Sealants – Dentists paint sealants on the chewing surface of molars. They do this in order to give adults and children prone to cavities years worth of cavity protection.
How Often Do People Usually Go to the Dentist?
Regular dental exams are an important part of maintaining your dental health. People should have an examination every six months, but individuals with a higher risk of decay or gum disease should see their dentist more often. If you don’t have any of your natural teeth left, you should still see a dentist regularly to check your oral health and to see how well your replacement teeth are serving you.
How Much Will a Visit to a Dentist General Practice Cost?
We know our patients may worry about our fees, especially if they don’t have dental insurance. If you do have dental insurance, we can help you estimate your co-pay. If you need a general dentist near me, please call for an appointment and we can let you know what your initial exam will cost.
What Are Professional Teeth Cleanings?
We suggest you have your teeth cleaned twice a year to remove plaque and tartar, even if you’re diligent about brushing and flossing. This will help prevent decay and gum disease. While teeth whitening and a dental cleaning are two separate treatments, a teeth cleaning will remove surface stains and make your teeth look brighter and remove minor surface stains. Our dental hygienist may suggest a fluoride treatment to help prevent cavities.
How Long Does an Appointment with a Dentist General Practice?
We don’t like to rush our patients. In some circumstances, a quick follow-up visit may only take a few minutes, but more generally you should count on an exam taking about an hour. If you’re having a specific procedure, please ask how long your appointment will take so you can plan appropriately.
What Do I Need to Bring with Me for an Appointment at a General Dental Office?
We want to make your visit to our general dental office a pleasant experience. Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment and bring a list of your current medications with you. Also, bring your dental insurance information. If you feel nervous about visiting a dentist, let us know. We’re experts at putting our patients at ease.
Frequent visits to a dentist are essential if you want to prevent dental issues. If you need a general dentist in Mishawaka for an exam or to manage a dental issue, please contact us to schedule your appointment. We welcome new patients.