We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Provide Your Child With a Foundation of Good Oral Health With Pediatric Dentistry in La Porte
The years from birth to adolescence are a critical point in your child’s dental development. The dental care that your child receives during this time sets the stage for their oral health during adulthood. Whether you are looking for a toddler dentist for your child’s first dental visit or a pediatric oral surgeon who can treat your child’s complex dental issue, Main Street Dentistry offers the dental services and pediatric dental specialists that you need.
How Does Children’s Pediatric Dentistry Differ from General Dentistry?
While general dentists are equipped to handle routine dental care and basic dental procedures for children, they lack the detailed training and experience to handle complex dental issues and abnormalities unique to children. In addition to training in general dentistry, our pediatric dentists receive two to three years of additional training focused specifically on diagnosing and treating pediatric dental issues.
What Sets Your Kids’ Dentists Apart from Others?
Our dentists are passionate about making sure that every parent and child that comes into our office feels welcome and comfortable. Not only will our children’s dentists provide the preventative dental care necessary to keep your child’s teeth and gums healthy, but we will develop a treatment plan personalized to your child’s unique dental needs and answer any questions that you may have about your child’s oral health and dental development.
What Is the Right Age to Take My Child to a Pediatric Dentist?
We recommend that parents schedule their child’s first dental visit by the age of 1 or 2 so that the dentist can check for any disease or decay and make sure that dental development is on track. While this can be scary for both kids and parents, you can make the experience more enjoyable by taking your child for a tooth-friendly treat or fun activity afterward.
What Will Happen During My Child’s Dental Appointment?
The dentist will start by inspecting your child’s teeth and gums for any signs of disease or decay and cleaning them thoroughly to remove plaque and bacteria. We will also take X-rays to make sure that there are no hidden dental issues or abnormalities. If we discover any significant issues, we will work with you to create a treatment plan. Of course, our dentists are always happy to answer any questions that you might have regarding teething, thumb sucking, or any other dental issues that your child may be experiencing.
How Do I Find a Pediatric Dentist for My Special Needs Child?
If your child has special developmental or health challenges, be sure to let us know when scheduling your child’s appointment. Our pediatric dental specialists are accustomed to working with parents and other healthcare providers to accommodate children with special needs.
What Is the Cost of a Pediatric Dental Visit at Your Office?
For an accurate estimate of the cost of your child’s dental care, we recommend scheduling a consultation with one of our pediatric dental professionals. In general, your final cost is based on the type of treatment provided, the complexity of the dental issue, and the percentage covered by your dental insurance. Even if you do not have dental insurance, we also offer financing options that can make the cost more manageable. Call today for more information.
Do You Offer a Full Range of Children’s Pediatric Dentistry Services?
Our dentists have the training and the latest equipment to handle virtually any pediatric dental need, including:
- Routine Exams and Dental Cleaning for Kids: Brushing and flossing alone do not guarantee good oral health. Regular checkups and professional cleanings are the best way to protect your child’s teeth and gums.
- Dental X-rays for Kids: Not all dental problems can be seen with the naked eye. Our dental specialists use pediatric dental X-rays to diagnose a variety of oral health conditions as well as assess the progress of orthodontic treatment.
- Pediatric Periodontics: Periodontal disease affects children as well as adults. Our specialists can provide thorough cleanings and other treatments to prevent and treat childhood gum disease.
- Pediatric Emergency Dentistry: From a sudden toothache to a broken tooth during sports practice, dental emergencies require prompt treatment to alleviate pain and prevent further damage. If you call us at the first sign of a dental emergency, our dentists may be able to save the damaged tooth or reduce the need for more extensive treatments and procedures.
- Children’s Dental Anesthesia: We offer various types of in-office sedation and hospital dental care with general anesthesia to make sure that children with complex dental issues or other special needs can be treated safely and comfortably.
Provide your child with the proper foundation for a lifetime of good oral health. Call or go online to schedule an appointment with one of our dentists today.