We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
If you need a dentist to provide you with the most comprehensive dental care in the La Porte area, The Dental Center of La Porte is your best source for dental exams and treatment for gum disease. We offer a wide variety of dental services for you and your family. Our team can provide you with a dental exam in La Porte that will include all the most important screenings and will help you to feel more confident about the appearance of your teeth, the freshness of your breath and the health of your gums now and in the future.
What Is Included in a Dental Exam?
From the moment you arrive at The Dental Center of La Porte, we will provide you with responsive patient care. Your exam will include some or all of the following services:
- Examination of your teeth to find any areas of decay or cavities
- Cleaning of your teeth with specialized tools to remove plaque and tartar from between teeth and in hard-to-reach areas
- Bite-wing X-rays to ensure the most complete picture of your teeth
- Assessment of the condition of your gums to determine if you need treatment for the early stages of gum disease
If you need a comprehensive dental exam in La Porte, The Dental Center of La Porte has dental professionals experienced in providing high-quality dental care for you and your family. We work with you at every step of the process to make sure your treatment plan is affordable and suited to your needs. This will allow you to plan your visit to our office with greater confidence and will ensure the most painless options for you and every other member of your family.
Regular dental exams and cleaning of your teeth will ensure that any cavities or areas of tooth decay are identified quickly and corrected in the most practical way possible. During your dental exam, we will look at your teeth carefully and will let you know about any concerns we have about the health of your mouth, your gums and your teeth. These concerns may include some or all of the following:
- Issues with worn-down teeth caused by grinding your teeth at night
- Bone loss
- Early signs of periodontal disease
- Tooth decay
- Infections or abscesses in your gums
- Halitosis, more commonly referred to as bad breath
We will keep you informed about all aspects of your dental health and will provide you with proven solutions that will help you enjoy the benefits of expert dental care in the La Porte area. The Dental Center of La Porte is committed to providing you with the right solutions for your dental needs now and for many years to come.
Teeth cleaning services are also part of the exam process in most cases. Our dental hygiene team will remove plaque, tartar and other substances that could affect the health and appearance of your teeth.
How Should You Manage Gum Disease in La Porte?
If you are diagnosed with gum disease, our dental team will work with you to determine the best approach to your periodontal treatment. This can help you maintain your natural teeth for a longer period of time. We want to help you catch gum disease when it is still just gingivitis in order to help you start treatment and feel better quickly. We offer a range of gum disease treatment options for our patients in La Porte.
How Should You Be Dealing with Bad Breath?
Halitosis can be caused by a number of issues, including the following:
- Xerostomia is a condition that is also sometimes called dry mouth. This dental issue results from a lack of saliva in the mouth. Patients who suffer from chronic dry mouth can often benefit from the treatment plans available from The Dental Center of La Porte.
- Some medications can cause bad breath.
- Failing to brush and floss daily can lead to food becoming trapped between teeth and the build-up of bacteria in your mouth. This can directly lead to bad breath that can be embarrassing and can affect the initial impression you make on others.
- Certain foods, especially onions, garlic and spicy dishes, are often responsible for temporary cases of bad breath.
- Bacterial infections of the gums are often the culprits in cases of severe bad breath.
- Smoking can often result in bad breath and can be a contributing factor in the development of gum disease.
The dental team at The Dental Center of La Porte will work with you to determine the causes of your bad breath and to resolve these issues to help you feel more confident and to help you to achieve the freshest breath possible.
At The Dental Center of La Porte, we offer the right solutions for all your dental needs. Call us today at (574) 208-6811 to schedule your appointment with us.