We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Why Are General Dentistry Services Important?
General family dentistry is important because your dentist can spot minor decay and gingivitis before these two common dental diseases do too much damage to your teeth and gums. You can also have a professional teeth cleaning at a dentist’s office, to keep your teeth healthy and bright.
What Services Does a General Dentist Perform?
A general dentist provides a wide range of services, including examining teeth and gums and diagnosing and treating any issues he or she finds. Dentists also offer oral hygiene instruction. Our dentist general practice works with a team of dental professionals, including dental assistants and dental hygienists to provide comprehensive, cost-effective care. If you want to take advantage of the benefits a dentist general practice can provide, please call us to schedule an appointment.
General Dentistry Services
We offer the following general dentistry services to protect and maintain your oral health:
- Tooth Repair & Replacement – General family dentistry is about more than routine exams; our dentist can help you feel good about your smile with the tooth repair and replacement services listed below.
- Crowns – Crowns are custom made restorations which fit over a damaged or discolored tooth to make it look and function the same as your other natural teeth.
- Porcelain Crowns – There are several different crown materials available; porcelain is the most natural-looking, but it might not be right for your situation. Contact us for more information.
- Dental Bonding – Dental bonding uses composite tooth filling material to repair chipped and fractured teeth, as well as cover discolored teeth to improve your smile.
- Dental Bridges – Bridges are fixed restorations (only a dentist can remove them) which replace a missing tooth with an artificial one.
- Fillings – Dental fillings restore a tooth damaged by decay and prevent bacteria from causing further damage by sealing off the cavity.
- Composite Fillings – Composite fillings have several advantages, including the fact that they are less noticeable than metal fillings and your dentist won’t need to remove as much tooth structure to place them.
- Porcelain Fillings – Aesthetically pleasing porcelain fillings allows our dentist to preserve more of your tooth structure since the filling is custom made to bond directly to your tooth structure.
- Laser Dentistry – We use laser technology to make our patient’s experiences during procedures virtually pain-free, quicker and quieter.
- Laughing gas – Laughing gas is used in almost every general dental office to help patients, including children, who feel apprehensive to relax.
- Sealants – Sealants are a thin coating which a dentist will apply to the tops of molars to make the uneven surface smooth and easier to clean.
How Often Should I See a General Dentist Near Me?
The American Dental Association recommends you visit a general dentist for a routine exam and a dental hygienist for a cleaning twice a year. Your dentist may ask to see you more or less often depending on your oral health and any past procedures.
How Much Does a General Dentist Charge?
Your cost depends on the reason for your visit and whether you have dental insurance coverage. If you’re concerned about our fee, we can estimate what you’ll pay when we learn the reason for your visit and after we have performed an examination. We may be able to provide dental discount plans or payment options so be sure to call for more information.
What is a Professional Teeth Cleaning?
Professional teeth cleanings remove tartar and plaque which build up on your teeth even if you brush and floss several times a day. Built up plaque and tartar can lead to decay or gingivitis so it’s important to have a dental teeth cleaning twice a year. The cleaning is usually done by our dental hygienist who uses special tools to scrape and polish your teeth. Dental cleanings do not hurt. Expect your cleaning to take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
How Long Will an Appointment with a General Dentist Near Me Take?
Studies show the average appointment takes 52 minutes. That’s about right for an exam; however, our dentist does not rush patients and your exam can take longer. We schedule enough time for you to ask questions and ask about procedures you feel would benefit your teeth’s appearance. If you are having work done, such as a root canal, your appointment will last significantly longer. When you call us to schedule an appointment, we can estimate how long it will take based on why you’re coming in.
What Should I Bring to My Appointment at a General Dental Office?
We ask that you bring your dental insurance card, your medical history information and a list of any prescriptions you currently take. Write down questions and concerns you have as well, so our dentist can address them.
If you need a general dentist in South Bend, please contact our office to set up an appointment.