COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: March 7, 2016
7 Dental Clinic Tips for People with Diabetes
You want to have a healthy smile, but having diabetes can make it hard to prevent dental damage. See what you must do to maintain your dental health.
Discover the Danger of Diabetes to your Dental Health
Did you know that having diabetes increases your risk of dental problems? Blame it on blood glucose because dental damage starts when a germ-filled film of plaque starts to accumulate on teeth. This plaque can cause tooth decay and gum disease. High blood glucose actually causes plaque to grow, which greatly increases the risk of major dental diseases and makes it much harder to have healthy gums and teeth.
How an Affordable Dentist can Protect your Teeth and Gums
- You must tell your family dentist if you suffer from diabetes.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss on a daily basis to lay the groundwork for healthy gums and teeth.
- Learn about the correct brushing and flossing techniques at your dental clinic.
- Go to a dental clinic regularly for cleanings and check-ups. Most people need to go twice a year, but people with diabetes may need to see their family dentist more often.
- Ask your primary physician and family dentist if switching your diabetes medication can help you maintain healthy gums and teeth.
- Try to keep your blood glucose level close to normal.
- Contact an affordable dentist if you have any dental problems.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in South Bend, call The Dental Center of Indiana today or make an appointment.
The Dental Center of Indiana offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in South Bend. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Indiana, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At The Dental Center of Indiana, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at The Dental Center of Indiana.